The hold down position is the one most effective bottom guard positions to be in; whether it is a MMA fight or a Self-Defense situation.The hold down position allows you to to control your opponent’s posture, body position, and easily transition to a variety of submissions (if MMA), joint breaks (if Self-Defense) or get back to your feet.
The man demonstrating in these is 3rd Degree Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, American Top Team MMA Trainer and MOST importantly my jiu-jitsu teacher: Luigi Mondelli.
These videos go over the basics of securing the hold down position, as well as 2 simple submissions and finally how to get up from the position.
For more MMA training and Jiu-Jitsu technique videos, please check out: BJJ Institute
Hold Down Position Setup to Shoulder Lock
Hold Down Position to Shoulder Lock to Armbar
Hold Down Position to Technical Standup
- BJJInstitute.com — Learn jiu-jitsu, no-gi grappling and MMA techniques from 3 of the best Brazilia Jiu-Jitsu Blackblets
- H2H Combat System Manual and Videos — The most complete Military Hand-to-Hand Combat Manual that gives you 95% of the necessary responses to end a street fight situation.
Featured BJJ Black Belt :
Master Black Belt / American Top Team CT MMA Team Trainer
Luigi Mondelli is the instructor of Best Way Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / American Top Team Connecticut. With over 15 years of practice, Luigi is a certified black belt with many titles and a lot of experience training amateur and professional fighters.
- 2009 Panamerican Champion
- 2008 World No-Gi Champion
- 2008 Panamerican Champion
- 2007 Panamerican Champion
- 2006 Panamerican Champion
- 2004 Panamerican Champion
- 2002 World Champion
- 2004 North American Champion
- 2003 North American Champion
- 2001 2nd National / Brazil
- 1999 Rio de Janeiro State Champion