Staying in shape only works when you combine workouts with good nutrition, and even if you eat healthy foods, you might be eating too many of them.
A way to safeguard your weight is to use tools that battle the supersized meals in our society. Here are some of my favorite tools and two segments from Fox & Friends where I demonstrate how to use them.
1) PORTIONWARE DISH SET, $29.99 *Portionware uses our patented graphi! c system to discreetly describe the size of each bowl. *Created by a health-conscious grad student with a visual arts degree, Portionware’s color-coded system measures meals so you don’t have to. *The color wheel containers start at a half-cup size (just right for your most decadent indulgences) and go up to two cups – a sneaky solution for easy portion control loved by the hottest names in health.
2) SNACK HAPPENS REUSABLE SNACK BAGS, $8.99-$9.99 *Create your own version of the 100 calories snack packs *Keep your snacks and your kids’ snacks to small portions – perfect for on the go *The eco-friendly zippered carriers come in modern patterns so adorable you’ll forget plastic bags ever existed. *Even better, they’re machine washable so cleaning – and reusing – is easy.
3) PORTION CONTROL PASTA, $7.62 PER BASKET Measure, cook, and strain one serving of pasta. Never again cook more pasta than you need. *The Healthy Steps Pasta Portion Basket measures one serving of pasta and works with any type of pasta. *The silicone basket provides a contained cooking space and up to four baskets fit into one pot, great for restaurant style choices right at home.
4) PORTION CONTROL CHEESE GRATER, $6.16 *Cheese is frequently over used adding extra calories and saturated fats to foods. *The Healthy Steps Cheese Grater grates & measures one serving at a time to help control portion sizes *The clear bin captures the cheese and allows you easily view the amount of cheese in the hopper. *How to use: Fill hopper to 1st line for one serving of cheese. Fill hopper full of ! cheese for two servings. Lift lid to dispense cheese.
1) MEAL MEASURE, $9.88 *To get portion sizes right during mealtimes *It fits right over your plate; simply fill each opening with the corresponding food group. *There are openings for vegetables, fruits, starches, and protein. *Just remove it before serving and no one will even know how stealthily you’re keeping track of portions.
2) HEALTHY STEPS PORTION CONTROL NUT BOWL & SCOOP, $5.42 *Nuts are a heart-healthy snack and provide valuable antioxidants. Enjoy the healthful benefits in the proper serving size *Nut bowl has embossed lines on the side, measuring one or two servings of nuts *Green, snap-on cap can also be used as a scoop so you can avoid eating out of a larger bag
3) MEASURE UP BOWLS, $24.99 *The Classic Measure Up Bowl is great for measuring cereals, fruits, soups, chilis, pastas, rice, salads…Anything you eat of a bowl! *The Classic features 1/2, 1, 1–1/2 and 2 cups premeasured portions on the interior of the bow. *The Small Measure Up Bowl is perfect for the calorie-dense, high-fat foods that have a smaller serving size. Nuts, granola and ICE CREAM, just to name a few. *The Small f! eatures 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 cup premeasured portions on the interior of t! he bowl.
4) OXO TOT BABY BLOCKS FREEZER STORAGE CONTAINERS, $9.99 *I know what you’re thinking – these Baby Cubes are meant for storing homemade baby food. *But because they’re 2-ounce containers, they’re perfect for storing small portions of dry snacks like nuts, seeds, or dried fruit. *They’re lightweight and BPA-free, and the lids are attached so you don’t have to worry about losing them. *Stash a cube in your desk drawer, purse, or gym bag.
5) PERFECT PORTIONS FOOD SCALE, $59.99 *The Perfect Portions Food Scale + Nutrition Facts is a scale and nutritional calculator in one. *It is the most intuitive, easy-to-read nutritional scale on the market because it integrates the familiar Nutrition Label.! *Unlike other nutritional scales, the Perfect Portions Scale breaks down the information into % daily value, tracks your daily total, and even allows you to customize the scale by entering your own foods.