I used to be addicted to protein bars!
In order to build muscle, I was chowing down on about 2–3 bars a day thinking they were good for me just because they were called “Protein Bars”…
But, the problem was that commercial Protein Bars are more than often LOADED with sugar, and cost on average $3 — $5 a bar…
Then a friend of mine gave me a muscle-building recipe book with the perfect homemade protein bar — one that has all the good stuff and none of the bad.
And, in addition to being healthy, they are super cheap to make: less than 50 cents per bar!
Give ‘em a try and let me know what you think…
Homemade Choco-Nut Protein Bars
(Makes 5 Bars)
- 6–8 scoops chocolate protein powder
– 1 cup oat bran (or blended up oatmeal)
– 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
– 3 tbsp honey
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– 3 tbsp crushed peanuts
1. Mix together the protein powder, oat bran, peanut butter, honey and almond milk.
2. Form into 5 bars and then roll in the crushed peanuts to finish.
3. Place in the fridge for at least 30 mins
Nutritional Facts (Per Serving — 1 Bar)